Tuesday, January 24, 2012

First post

Welcome to my NBA blog. Either you came here because you are a friend of mine, or you Googled John Stockton's short shorts, and if that were the case then I don't want you here.

I will be posting weekly about the NBA, the Timberwolves in particular, and will try to post multiple times a week as well. If you are interested in me writing about a certain topic feel free to leave a comment for me.

I will be posting my predictions for Timberwolves games the night of their games and then posting on whatever topic I deem necessary. For instance, my first post will be about Ricky Rubio and his silly accent and his poor English.

I just Ricky Rubio, joo know? I play like Ricky.

I think most of us Minnesota Timberwolves fans remember the first time that we heard Ricky Rubio speak, and that was after we drafted him fifth overall in 200
9. Here is that interview below. Fast forward to the 5:30 mark...



So, props to Ricky for putting up with this Mark Jones fool who is talking to him like a 4 year old. I really like how he is speaking extra slowly, using hand gestures and using simple words. My
favorite part is when Jones says "You'll have to get used to the cold" while taking his arms and covering himself like a blanket.

Yes Ricky isn't the best English speaker, but I don't think his agent or publicist would put him on live national television if he didn't understand the world cold. One thing I will critique Ricky on is his lack of ability to say his D's and T's, this isn't Espana Rick the only D's and T's we use here are hard....Unless an H follows a T, but we'll get into that at a later chapter.

I was searching Ricky on Google and found some interesting photos of him when
he was younger, he still looks basically exactly the same, but it's a little disheartening that I have to say in his younger days he looked like the offspring of Justin Bieber and a Toucan.














THIS JUST IN. On the ticker for NBA TV, it said that the Wolves have come to a deal with Kevin Love to sign him for a 4 year extension for $62 million dollars. It's about time Glen Taylor actually coughed up some dough to keep a player here. Even though he has great ability, he is probably the most opposite thing of a big ticket seller that we could get. Sure he avgs. 24 and 14 a night, but half of those points come from dirty put backs and sloppy shots where he gets hacked. Don't get me wrong, I love having K. Love on the team and he is a great player, just not the most exciting creature on this planet. It will be nice to see Ricky coming home to K. Love for the next couple of years though!

Riiicky, I'm Hoooooooommmme!


1 comment: